Installing Metatrader 4
Make sure that you download and install the latest version of the MetaTrader 4 platform.
1. Double click the Metatrader icon on your desktop to start the installation of the program.
2. Next step is to choose your installation language.
3. You must click next after reading the copyright warnings
4. In order to proceed with the installation you must agree with the terms of the ‘End user licence agreement’.
5. The next step is to choose the folder where the platform is to be installed. If you are unsure, MT4 automatically creates a default folder.
6. The next step allows you to select the program group. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
7. Click ‘Next’ to commence the installation.
8. Once the installation is complete you will see confirmation of a successful installation. You must select ‘Finish’ to complete the process.
Metatrader will do an automatic upgrade the first time that you run it. Please allow the program to update.
You can select the checkbox "Launch MetaTrader 4" if you would like platform to be launched on your desktop.
The first screen that you will see is similar to the picture below:
Please note: The Metatrader Program will only work as long as your computer is connected to the internet. It needs the live data in order to work.
You will be able to see that it is connected by:
a. Looking at the connection icon at the bottom right of the screen.
b. Looking at the graphs. If the graphs are updating, everything is fine. If it is not updating, Metatrader is not connected. Please reconnect to the internet.
If you experience problems to connect to the MetaTrader Servers, please check that your computer's Firewall is set to allow Metatrader.
Click on Start and select: Control Panel
Double-click on Windows Firewall
In the General Tab, make certain the Firewall is selected.
In the Exceptions Tab, if Metatrader is not showing in the list of Programs and Services, click on Add Program and search for MetaTrader.
If you do not see it, click on Browse and go to Program Files and the MetaTrader folder. Select terminal.exe and press OK.
Make certain MetaTrader is selected in the Exceptions Tab:
Other Firewall programs:
You will have to enable the Firewall to allow MetaTrader access to the internet in a similar way.
Risk Disclosure: Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.
Copyright 2013, FOREX MASTERS